On Windows, launch the installer by double-clicking the Xcalibur W Device Agent Installer. For manual installation, please refer to the Advanced Section.
1. Launch Xcalibur W Device Agent <your.version> Setup.exe.
2. Click Next.
3. Read the terms of the License Agreement, then tick I accept the terms of the License Agreement.
4. Click Next.
5. Select the installation directory and then click Next.
6. Install TightVNC to allow remote assistance. Tick TightVNC, then click Next.
7. The Xcalibur W Agent can have a Manager Address directly into this installation.
8. After installation, select whether to reboot now or later, and then click Finish.
First, update the source list using the following command:
You may want to force the update of the entire linux package library using the command below. Note that all linux packages will be updated, which may affect the functioning of existing programs requiring older package versions.
Next, install the Xcalibur W Agent dependencies. Note that if these packages have dependencies as well, they must also be installed:
Depending on the hardware platform, there is an additional package to be installed:
Install the downloaded lshw package by using the following command:
The device is now ready for installation of the Xcalibur W Agent. Copy the Xcalibur W .deb package onto the Linux system and use the following command:
To finish the installation, restart the device.